750 N. Washington Ave
Saginaw, MI 48607
Release of Liability Permit
Any access to Lake State Railway's right-of-way must be authorized by LSRC's property administrator. Prior to entering the right-of-way, a signed Release of Liability Permit must be obtained in writing.
There will be a non-refundable flagman fee, if applicable. An applicant must submit the following information to obtain a Release of Liability Permit:
- Contact information of party requesting authorization (name, address, phone, fax, and email).
- Person authorized to sign agreement.
- Date of proposed project.
- Location of project - Include railroad mile marker or the crossings that the project is between.
- Scope of project - Working on the right-of-way for any reason (i.e. overhead wires, digging, etc.)
- Drawing of proposed project.
- Name and phone number of person in charge while on the job site.
- Pertinent certificate of insurance.
Failure to provide this information will result in a denied application!
Once this information is received, a Release of Liability Permit will be drafted and sent to the authorized party to sign. Please look over this drafted agreement carefully, as there will be specific requirements relating to the proposed project. LSRC must receive a signed copy along with the certificate of insurance BEFORE the start of the project. A fully signed copy of this document must be on file at the Lake State Railway Company office and authorized parties must carry a copy of the agreement while on railroad property!